Attention: We rebuild the science playground and will reopen it in spring 2016. In the next few weeks the Science Playground will not be ready for use. We apologize for any inconvenience.
The Science Playground, linking play and science, is a symbol for the Campus as a place of recreation within a scientific environment.
Eight objects in court 2 and court 7 of the Campus of the University of Vienna invite children and curious adults to be surprised, experiment, reflect and discuss.
Opening hours: 0 – 24 hours, 365 days a year
Access: public and free
Target group: curious people of all ages
The Science Playground was established on the occasion of the tenth anniversary of the Campus of the University of Vienna, and inaugurated on July 11th, 2008 by vice mayor Renate Brauner and Rector Georg Winckler.
We would like to thank the patrons of the Science Playground:
Who is behind it?
Idea and conception: Children’s Office of the University of Vienna
Realization of 6 objects: Mag. Peter Kermann, Dekorationsbau, Veitlisseng. 5, 1130 Wien (0676/9219171)
Graphic design: Vlatka Nikolic Onea